Sunday, July 1, 2018

365: Traveling for a Year

Franz Huenten, Shipping on the Bosphorus
365. That's the number of days I've been gone from home. I've been gone one year, now. It went by fast; really fast, actually.

I've recently come to Western Europe and had a number of things go wrong. Not a good start to this final part of this trip. Yes, you read that right. After Europe, I've decided it's time to come back home.

So, I haven't actually had time to sit and think about what the main point of going away for a year was and is about. To be honest, I don't think I'll really know the effects of this trip for a few years. Will it be the people I met? Will it be the new worlds I've seen? Will it be the new foods I've tried? Will it be the beautiful coffees and wines I drank? Will it be the pains and problems I faced and endured? Will it be learning more about myself? Did I learn more about myself? Who knows what this year has really been about?

But for now, I can't really complain about the beautiful place and beautiful people I'm at. It almost feels like I'm on a movie set with people always happy and partying. The place has a great energy.

Anyways, that's it for now. If you're spiritual, please pray for me, though. I've had a number of things go wrong. I need to increase the peace in me.

Yesterday, a lady by the initials of SY prayed for me over the phone, because I told her about my problems. This was while she was facing her own challenges too. And after, I felt a sense of peace come over me.

The lesson made me realize how much we really need each other. That's why community is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment