Thursday, January 16, 2020

A Second Summer in New Zealand

It was a last minute decision, but I received my ticket to Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday. I had so little time to pack and to go. I had a wedding to go to. So, I went.

I didn't get excited, until my friends texted me the plans of what we'd do together. When I heard from them, I checked out mentally and focused on what I'd be doing in New Zealand.

I was so lucky that a lot of the court days I had in January were moved. So, I could go.

My mom took me to the airport. I took the midnight flight. The flight was full. I couldn't believe how many people there were. The plane was packed.

It was an easy flight, because I slept through 80% of it. When the plane landed, a feeling came over me. I was back home.

I felt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment