Saturday, September 14, 2024

Pastor Siang-Yang Tan Destroys Youth Ministry at First Evangelical Church Glendale - The Disney Worshipping Church

 

During Pastor Siang Tan's tenure at First Evangelical Church in Glendale (FECG), the college ministry became decimated, then dissolved. At the time, Tan delegated Pastor Donn Halla to oversee the youth ministry, who was only let go after the young adult ministry was destroyed. (Halla's sermons had to be some of the worst and most boring talks I've ever heard. Clearly, Halla didn't take God's work seriously.)  Tan stated that certain people had to be fired so that he could preserve his pension and the pension of other staff.

From the pulpit, after admitting failure regarding the loss of the young adults, Tan rebuked his congregation for criticizing him and asked them: "What do you want me to do about it?" Well, who else is supposed to be do something about it?

The fundamental problem in the church is that it was not Christ-based. Congregants, especially the young adults, worshiped and talked more about Disney than Jesus. If one wasn't obsessed with Disneyland, or was single, or without children, one wouldn't be welcomed by pastors or congregants.

Other heretical issues that bothered me was the church's stance on Hell and a lack of repentance and responsibility for failed leadership and sin. Tan also openly promoted masturbation as not being a sexual sin. Another pastor there told me that Judas was still able to receive salvation after betraying Jesus.

I wrote these criticisms on Yelp, which somehow FECG was able to remove. Although former pastor, Diana Shing, reached out to me, she made me feel like that I was the problem and that I had issues. I have yet to receive an apology from the Disney Church for me having to endure heresy, boring recycled sermons, and inhospitable treatment to others and myself. Remember; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their inhospitality to guests and newcomers.

Tan and his leadership have failed to admit fault, failed to own responsibility, and failed to repent and change. FECG would rather bury its sin and shame away from the public than to repent.

After seeing the Yelp post removed, I felt convicted to make this a permanent post and to publish it here. My small group confirmed it should be done too.

This Disney Church has moved away from the initial goals of it's founder Reverend George Chua - who wanted his congregants to learn more about God and worship together. 

I just finished teaching a study of Hell. And I have to say, the way that the Disney Church is going, it's destined for Hell: the second death and God's violent killing of the soul.

To the Church of Disney, Jesus has already stated:

"I know what you have done; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other! But because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth! You say, ‘I am rich and well off; I have all I need.’ But you do not know how miserable and pitiful you are! You are poor, naked, and blind." (Rev. 3:15-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment