Friday, January 22, 2016

Extra! Extra! My Settlement Makes the Papers!

From the Desk of Paul Cook
Well, folks, my settlement of $67,500 made the regional paper - the San Gabriel Valley Tribune. Read about it here: Baldwin Park pays $67,500

In blaming the contracting company, the City is claiming that $52,500 is coming from the contracted jailing company. I'm not sure if that's true. Have to investigate that one.

Also, I think it's time for the city to get a new public relations person. I can't believe the City Attorney said that they won't change its strip-search policy. Sounds like it's just more evidence for another strip search lawsuit.

In more professional cities, like Los Angeles, the administrators usually say that they'll be reviewing their policies and procedures to determine if everything is in compliance with the law.

Well, all I can say, with our incompetent administrators and public officials and all their mean-spiritedness, is that the City of Baldwin Park is like a big piñata. If you hit it hard enough with a lawsuit, all this candy comes out.

Here's my Spanish proverb: "Agua de enero, pan para todo el año."

When it rains in January, there's harvest for the whole year.

No comments:

Post a Comment