Thursday, October 27, 2016

On making decisions; Back to the grind.

Sorry to my readers that I haven't written in awhile. I took some time off to make some important decisions. During that time, I also wanted to take time off from writing on my blog too, to see if it helped. (Not sure if it did or didn't.)

One of the biggest life choices before me was whether I should continue to litigate. All my cases are in appeal now, and what that means is that they're coming to an end.

It's not like asking me to work for someone. If I worked for someone, then I believe I'd have a moral or ethical duty to work at least 2 or 3 years. Some of these cases can last up to 5 to 10 years. Look at Julian Casas's case; even though I've already won, we're going on passed three years. I had a lot of thinking to do, if I wanted to continue on in the game of litigation or change jobs.

Although I've done remarkably well as a rookie lawyer, I've also been disappointed with some of the court's decisions. Let's not forget that they didn't discipline the City Attorney for forging my signature or his outburst when he tried to punch me. I think often about it. If I had done those things, I'm rather certain I'd have charges or be disciplined.

I was also unhappy about how the Mayor had nothing happen to him for filing false charges against, alleging I was dangerous, with his temporary restraining order stunt.

Also, the court refused to pay me for defending my client Greg Tuttle, who the council members and Mayor sued to shut him up. The attorney on their side made $52,000 in taxpayer money. I got $0.00.

While I was away, though, I met a young Italian doctor. He was telling me how he spent thousands of dollars to be back with the love of his life, emptying out his savings. Then he said that he had to give it everything he has, so that he can live without regrets, knowing that he tried.

I think that conversation changed my life; as, I never met anyone who was so willing to really give everything he had to be with the person he loved.

Another mentor told me that I was young and right now, fate, luck, and skill are on my side. So, with those thoughts in mind, I decided that I need to continue to litigate, at least for awhile longer. As it's been said in King Lear: "Men must endure their going hence." (Simple English: To be a man, one has to last through suffering.)

I learned many things on my break from reality. I met a young, beautiful English witch. She told me that she knew how to take on the spirit of birds. She also took frankincense and lit it and said a prayer to her gods. I watched and found it interesting.

I met an herbalist, who taught me how to cure various ailments with different plants.

I, also, met a youth, who ran away from home. The thing is, several years ago, he met me once, at another place and time, and he instantly recognized me. He brought us over some spirits; we drank some and told stories about our lives, under the stars. That was really nice.

I finished a lot of reading. I learned more on how to improve my speaking. I picked up a few more skills. And I made some really important decisions.

All in all, it was an awesome break.

No comments:

Post a Comment