Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hitchhiking Around Mexico

I've been hitchhiking around Mexico again. For those of you who don't know, I've done this before. Hitchhiking Around Mexico

From Cabo San Jose, I hitched a ride to La Paz. The guy who picked me was a small business owner. We engaged in a full conversation in Spanish.

I took a short break to Mexico. I needed to get some writing done. If you're into innovation or creating new goods or services, a small break is good to give your mind a reset from the business as usual and to see the world in a new light.

My father didn't approve. When I called him, he asked, "Is Mexico your new home now?"

I cracked up.

I was able to get some writing done for a new law review article I'll be submitting. It's on reforming tort law so that we can hold people like our Mayor accountable. The draft is finished.

So, far I haven't done much; except write, research, read, and eat great food. I always tell my friends that Cabo has the best Mexican food. Yes, they're parents say that it's better in the mainland, but those same parents haven't been to Cabo.

My favorite dish in cabo is called a vampiro. I don't know why it's named after a vampire, but it's grilled tortilla with your choice of meat and fresh cheese. It tastes so good. I love how they take a chunk of pork and grill it on a rotisserie. Tastes so good.

I've met some cool people: a park ranger from Yosemite, French brothers, and two Canadian college students (a guy and a girl and they both speak French). I met one person I don't care for - a young drug addict male from Northern California; he talks all the time and talks only about drugs. His mind seems possessed with only such thoughts. (That's addiction by the way.)

Other than that, have to come home soon. In Mexico - do as the Mexicans do - and go to the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Paul!!!
    Hope you are well and short note to tell you I am very jealous.... Mexico again, my favorite place.
    Greetings from Italy, Jolanta says also hello.
    Also short note to tell you I am launching our new start up, looking really exciting and will share details in near future, I think you will like it.
    Cheers
    Pieter

    ReplyDelete