Friday, August 19, 2016

The Mind Body Connection on Health


Sunrise on Gili Meno taken by Paul Cook
Sorry, I haven't written in awhile. I've been in the middle of litigating another case against the City of Baldwin Park; I'll write more about that in my next post.

In this post, I want to focus on some insights I had on health. Around me, friends and family all seem to be having health problems, particularly cancer.

What I've observed with people who are diagnosed with cancer is that they had a stress triggering event. What that means, is that an event that caused worry and stress seems to have activated the cancer.

These events could include a divorce, being thrown out of a home, or even menopause. I looked further into the psyche-body connection as to what's happening.

It appears that when the body is stuck on a negative memory (repressed or otherwise), it triggers a hormone or hormones that activate a reaction in the body, which is fine when the stress triggering event happens initially. But when the mind gets stuck on this memory, over and over again, the hormone or hormones interferes with the production of the immune system. This is what I observe to be a crucial factor in cancer growth.

It appears that we have to remember the importance of tuning up our immune systems regularly. After all, the more I look into it, the more I realize how sacred and vital it is for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment