Friday, August 26, 2016

Trial Results

On Wednesday, around 09:30AM, I argued in front of the trial court that the City of Baldwin Park and Manuel Carrillo should've been found guilty for not releasing records. The trial court issued a tentative ruling stating that the City and Carrillo did nothing wrong because the City and Carrillo admitted they didn't have records, even though the admission comes two and a half years later, from the filing of the original CPRA request.

I asked the court to issue an order stating that even if they don't have records that the court should still find Carrillo and the City guilty for not telling us earlier they didn't have records. The trial court refused to do so.

It doesn't make sense to me, how the City could drag out a case for two and a half years, and then just say: "We don't have the records." I mean, if they're going to do that, previous case law, states that they're guilty of violating the records act because they should tell the member of the public that before the filing of the lawsuit.

More importantly, if the City and Carrillo can't account for the money, where did the money go?

Well, in any event, Julian allowed me to appeal the case. So, I will. I leave you with one of my favorite quotes from a cool Nintendo character, Zero: "It's not over yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment